Now offering live, online health coaching & personal training to Arizona residents.
To achieve most health and fitness related goals PERMANENTLY, exercise is only 20% of what is required. The other 80% is some combination of nutrition, sleep, stress management, time management, and behavior change. In other words, only 20% is related to physical exertion. The other 80% is mental exertion, relating to attitude and willingness to make PERMANENT changes.
Based on the 80/20 Rule, permanent results require permanent changes. This takes time. There are NO SHORTCUTS. Results achieved with a short-term program will be short-term results. They will reverse. Weight loss is the perfect example. 90% of people who lose weight, gain in back. The 90% try short-term solutions such as going on a diet, signing up for a 6 month "medically supervised"weight loss program, attending a 6 week boot camp, etc. They lose some weight and then return to their normal lives. Eventually, the weight returns, typically more than was lost.
So what do the 10% that successfully keep the weight off do? Rather than focusing on the results, they focus on the CHANGE. Rather than cramming a short-term solution into their existing lifestyle, they actually CHANGE their lifestyle. CHANGE becomes permanent, and therefore the results become permanent! This focus on CHANGE is vitally important to achieving any health and fitness goal, not just weight loss.
B.S. in Kinesiology - Fitness Management. ACE-certified Health Coach & Personal Trainer. Fitness Nutrition Specialist, Orthopedic Exercise Specialist, & Corrective Exercise Specialist.
Anthem, Arizona 85086